Yesterday we had our presentation for assignment 2, and personally I think it could have gone a lot smoother if our group had of had more time to practice everything. I think I did well presenting and because I knew exactly what I was talking about for each section of the presentation and wasn’t relying on myself remembering the notes I had written, I was much less nervous than I have been with previous presentations.
- Conánn really liked idea of public art for the artefact as it was nice to see work being brought out of the class.
- Liked the meaning behind the artefact.
- Presentation could have been more professional (more rehearsal would help with this and equal division across areas covered in the powerpoint.)
“This year was by far the most consistent, you all did really well, there was no one below 50% on this one.”
- Research should be ‘T Shaped’ – it should cover a broad range of information about the topic but then should be focused on one part of this and we should delve deep in to this.
- Remember to have texture and hardness in your art – avoid the airbrush tool
- The schematic was a design opportunity – it doesn’t have to just be a straight line, it can be art.
- Have an underlying grid in your work.
- Harvard Referencing is an important habit to get in to.