After thinking more about title sequences I thought of title sequences that were memorable to me and about what it was that I liked about these opening sequences and what aspects of them we could take inspiration from to influence the direction of our title sequence .
- Community (Series Specials): I love the simplicity of the Community title sequence and the music that accompanies it. In the Special episodes the title sequences change to fit the episodes better, some examples of this are Digital Estate Planning and Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas
- Steven Universe: This opening sequence really shows the shows style and intentions from the beginning, I think the title sequence is really sweet and I love the fact that it gives us an idea of the characters and their personalities.
- My Neighbour Totoro: This title sequence has really sweet timing and doesn’t give away too much about the movie.
I then went on to Art of the Title to look at other opening sequences and found these were some of my favourites:
- La Vrai Vie des Profs: I like the mix of real life and animated pieces in this sequence. The 8 Bit aspect is really sweet to me and it’s a style that I’d love to try
- Super: I love the simple style of this this sequence. The drawings are simple and colours are really eye-catching.
- Catch Me If You Can: This is a really iconic title sequence, I love how minimalistic style of this sequence.
- Het Klokhuis: This Danish show’s stop motion title sequence is truly modern and really beautifully done. maybe we could use some stop motion aspects.